One fine evening, I tried making my favourite bondas. Usually they taste best in Udupi Hotels across Karnataka. Though the procedure is simple to some extent, the quantity of ingredients involved should be exact to get that perfect taste. Now get ready to prepare them all by yourself and enjoy the taste.
1 Cup Maida/All Purpose Flour
½ Cup Bombay Rava
¼ Cup Rice Flour/Vari Pindi
1 Cup Chopped Onions
4-5 Green Chillies chopped
10-12 Curry leaves/Karvepaku (chopped)
Fistful of Coriander leaves chopped
- Mix maida and rice flour, sieve. To this add Bombay rava, chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
- Add about 6-8 tsps of hot oil and mix well with spoon. Now add little water knead well.
- Once you reach the consistency of the chapathi atta(little softer than chapathi atta), keep it aside.
- In a pan pour oil and heat it for deep fry.
- Meanwhile make round shaped bondas, by taking lemon sized amount of atta.
- Deep fry them in oil till golden brown and serve with coconut chutney and enjoy.