I have learnt preparing this chutney from my mother-in-law. In fact, we use bhendi to prepare all variations of curries. Be it sambar, curry, chutney, fry or pullakura, we like experiment more on this vegetable specially.. Now for the chutney you need..
1 Cup Chopped Okra/Bendakayalu/Bhendi
½ Cup Chopped Onions
6-8 Dry Red Chillies (as per requirement)
8 Garlic Slices
1 Big Tomato (a little raw one)
Fistful of Coriander Leaves
- Heat pan. Add 2-3 tsp of oil. Add onions and garlic. Cook till they are light brown in color. Take out.
- To the same pan add dry red chillies and stir for a while. Remove and keep aside.
- Now add a tsp of oil (if required) and bhendi. Cook till they are no longer sticky.
- Similarly, in the same pan, cook tomato till it turns soft. Allow them to cool.
- Now mix all of them, add salt, coriander leaves and grind it into a fine paste.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and a tsp of ghee sprinkled over it.