Potato Fry.. Hmm, the all time favorite recipe of all my family members. It goes well with Rice-Dal or Rice-Sambar or even with Chapathi.
4-5 Medium sized Potatoes
½ Cup Chopped Onions
1 ½ tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Coriander/Dhaniya powder
4 tsp Roasted Bengal Gram dal powder/putnala pappu podi
Little turmeric powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal Gram Dal /Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Black Gram Dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Boil potatoes in water. Allow them to cool, Now cut them into pieces of desired size. Keep aside.
- Heat 4-5 tsp of oil in a non stick pan. Add Jeera, mustard, Bengal gram dal, Black gram dal and curry leaves.
- When they splutter add turmeric powder, chopped onions and cook till they turn brownish in color. Add chopped potato to this and mix well.
- Keep stirring till the potatoes turn crispy. Now add salt, chilly powder, Dhaniya powder, roasted Bengal gram dal powder and mix well.
- The yummy potato fry is ready to be served. It’s a superb combination with sambar/pappu and rice.