Drumstick Tomato Curry.. After a detailed search of veggies available in the refrigerator, my hands fell on drumstick and tomatoes. The curry turned out delicious. You too give a try and let me know.
(Chop into desired length and peel off the outer skin)
2 medium sized Tomatoes Chopped
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Cup Onions (chopped vertically)
2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander/Dhaniya Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
Fistful of Coriander Leaves
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal gram dal/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Black gram dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Heat 3-4 tsp of oil in pan, add jeera, mustard, Bengal gram dal, Black gram dal and Curry leaves. Allow them to splutter, add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Cook till onions turn light brown in color. Now add drumstick pieces and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 mins. Now add chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and little water. Cover with a lid and cook till drumsticks turn soft. Keep stirring in between.
- Once the drumsticks are cooked add Chilly powder, Dhaniya powder and jeera powder.
- Mix well and keep for 3-4 mins. Finally add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve with steamed rice.