1 Cup Beerakaya Mukkalu/Ridge gourd (Peeled & Chopped)
4 tsp Bengal Gram Dal /Pachisenagapappu
¼ Cup Onion (chopped)
Turmeric powder little
1 tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Dhaniya powder/coriander powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal Gram Dal/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Black Gram Dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Heat 4-5 tsp of oil in a pan. Add jeera, mustard, Bengal Gram Dal dal, Black Gram Dal, curry leaves and allow them to splutter.
- Now add onions, 4 tsp Bengal gram dal (soaked in water for about half an hour) and cook till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add finely chopped beerakaya, cover with lid and cook for some time.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, cover again and cook till the pieces turn soft.
- When they turn soft, increase the flame slightly and add chilly powder, dhaniya powder and cook without lid.
- Fry well till the curry is dry. Serve with rotis/chapathis or as a side dish for rice.