This is one of Lord Ganesha’s favorite sweet, specially prepared during Ganesh Chathurthi.
½ Cup Maida
½ Cup Wheat Atta
1 tbsp dry Coconut grate
1 tbsp Sesame seeds/Nuvvulu
1 tbsp Gasagasalu/Poppy seeds
1 tbsp Peanut/Palli/Verusenaga
1 tbsp Cashewnuts/kaju
1 tbsp Badam/Almonds
4 tbsp Sugar
- For the stuffing we need to separately fry sesame seeds, peanuts, cashew nuts, badam and then grind them into powder separately.
- Fry gasagasalu separately. Now mix all the powders, coconut grate, gasagasalu & sugar.
- Take a lemon sized amount of the atta that is ready & roll them into puris using the rolling pin.
- Now place 2 tsp of the stuffing in the middle and cover from all sides to form a cone. See to it that there are no gaps.
- Similarly make modaks with the remaining atta. Heat oil for deep fry and cook them till golden brown. Serve warm.