This is one among the easy breakfast recipes list. Just choose your favorite veggies from carrot, beans, peas, potato, capsicum, peanuts and so on.
¼ Cup Chopped Onion
1 Cup Vegetables (carrot, beans, green peas, potato or any)
1 Cup Chopped Tomato
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
3-4 Green chillies
8-10 Curry leaves
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
1 tsp Black gram dal
- Heat 3-4 tsps of oil in a pan and fry semiya till it turns light brownish color. Remove and keep aside (otherwise you can go for roasted vermicelli available readily in the market).
- Now heat 5 tsps of oil in the same pan. Add jeera, mustard seeds, Bengal gram dal.
- Allow them to splutter.
- Add curry leaves, onions, chillies and fry till onions turn slightly soft. Now add ginger garlic paste, vegetables of your choice (here I used carrot, beans & potato) and cook till all the veggies turn soft.
- Now add tomatoes and cook for a 3-5 mins. Now add 4Cups of water.
- Add salt. When the water starts boiling, add semiya, mix well and cover.
- Cook for 6-8 mins till all the water is absorbed and serve hot. Try with tomato sauce, it tastes good.