Aratikaya Fry is the dish I learnt after coming here, to Hyderabad. Its not used much in our regular menu at home. Its quiet simple to prepare and tasty to be served as a side dish with rice dal combinations.
2 Plantains (Raw Banana)/Aratikaya
1 tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Dhaniya/Coriander Powder
½ tsp Jeera/Cumin Powder
Turmeric powder little
- Firstly peel off the plantains, cut them into thin pieces.
- Heat 6-8 tsp of oil in pan. Add chopped plantain, turmeric powder.
- Cook till they turn crispy stirring occasionally.
- When the plantain turns crispy, add salt, chilly powder, dhaniya powder, jeera powder and mix well.
- This is a very dry item, which can be served with chapathi or as side dish for rice.