This is a good choice of snacks for kids, who are choosy eaters. My kids too belong to this category. I found this method of stuffing veggies they don’t prefer usually and made it quite interesting for them to eat.
1 Cup Carrot (grated)
1 Cup grated Cabbage
1 Cup grated Potato
1 tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
Maida/All purpose flour
- Firstly, for the outer cover we have to mix Maida, salt with water and make it like the poori dough. Quantity of maida is decided based on how many pooris you would require. Here, the measure of stuffing, is sufficient to fill around 5-6 pooris.
- Now for preparing stuffing, heat 2-3 tsps oil in a pan. Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Add carrot, cabbage, potato gratings to it and cook well. Add salt, chilly powder, garam masala powder and cook for another 2mins. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Make poori out the maida dough. Spread the vegetable mix over it and roll it. Apply little water to the edges so that the stuffing doesn’t run out while frying in oil.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan, for deep fry. Slowly drop the rolls into oil and cook till golden brown.
- Spread the cooked rolls on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Cut them into 2 or 3 pieces and serve warm with chilly/tomato sauce.