This is one of the best combinations for stir fry. Here I have used cooked Beans and Tur/Tuvar Dal with some onions and a powder for adding spice.
2 Cups Beans (finely chopped)
½ Cup Tur Dal/Kandi pappu
1 Onion (chopped)
¼ Cup Roasted Bengal Gram Dal
¼ Cup Dry Coconut pieces
4 Garlic slices
Turmeric powder little
1 ½ tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Finely chopped Ginger pieces
- Cook Tur Dal/kandipappu and Beans in water, separately. Drain water into a bowl & keep aside. Grind roasted Bengal Gram Dal, coconut pieces, garlic into a fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat 5-6 tsp of oil in a cooking pan. Add jeera, mustard, Bengal Gram Dal dal, Black Gram Dal, curry leaves and stir.
- When they splutter add ginger, onions & cook till the onions turn brownish. Now add cooked beans, tur dal and mix thoroughly.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder and keep it on medium flame for 5-6 mins.
- When the mixture gets dry add roasted Bengal Gram Dal powder, mix well and serve with chapathi, roti or as side dish with rice-sambar/rice-pappu.