This is a special sweet that I experimented long ago. Again, I just wanted to taste it and share it with you all. Its quiet simple to prepare, the ingredients are handy at home. It can be prepared when we have unexpected guests.. Just try and enjoy the taste..
1 Cup Maida(all purpose flour)
¼ Cup Kaju/Cashew nuts
¼ Cup Kismis/Raisins
½ Cup PachiKobbari/fresh coconut (grated)
2 Pinches of Elachi Powder
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Sugar
2-3 tsp Ghee
- Heat milk and bring it to boil. Lower the flame and add grated coconut, sugar and cook till it reduces to 1 ½ Cups.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a cooking pan. Roast Cashew and raisins. Keep aside till it cools. Now add it to the milk.
- For preparing Pooris : Take maida in a bowl, add water and form a dough. Now, pinch a lemon sized amount from the dough and press using a rolling pin. 4-5 pooris can be prepared from 1 cup maida. Now deep fry them in oil.
- Add pooris to the cooled milk and wait till milk is absorbed well, say for about 8-10 mins.
- Take them on to the serving plate and fold it in a triangular shape. Garnish with some cashews or cherries.