I was just tired of using sweet corn for curries, just wanted to cook some snack using this. Thought of combining with palak and make vada out of it. My effort was worthy and this has come into the good snack list at home. This is a very good evening snack for kids after finishing their long day at school.
1 Cup Cooked Sweet corn
1 Cup Palak/Paala Kura/Spinach
¾ Cup Maida/All Purpose Flour
¼ Cup Corn Flour
A Pinch of Cooking soda
1 tsp Pepper Powder/Miriyala podi
- Firstly, mix sweet corn, chopped palak, maida, corn flour, cooking soda, pepper powder and salt.
- Add little water and mix to form a thick paste, like the ones for making pakoda/vada.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan for deep frying vadas.
- Make small or desired size balls of the mix and press them in to vadas.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown. Serve hot with tomato sauce or chilly sauce.