Capsicum-Potato, Capsicum-Paneer are the standard combinations we usually find. I have prepared Capsicum Potato curry without adding much spices. This needs just the basic ingredients as ginger garlic paste, chilly and coriander powder. The process is simple yet tasty. This curry goes well with rice or chapathis.
2 Big Potatoes (chopped)
2 Big Capsicum (chopped)
2 Cups Tomatoes (chopped)
½ Cup Chopped Onions
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 tsp Chilly Powder (or as per your requirement)
2 tsp Dhaniya Powder/Coriander Powder
½ tsp Jeera Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal gram dal/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Urad dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Heat 4-5 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Add all seasoning items one after the other & let them to splutter. Add chopped onions and cook for about 4-5 mins.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and cook till juices run out of the tomatoes.
- Now add chopped potato and capsicum. Cover with a lid and cook for about 6-8 mins. Mix well.
- Add salt, coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder and little water.
- Cover and cook for another 4-5 mins or till the potatoes turn soft.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.