This is one among the healthy rice recipes that I usually prepare. Curd Raitha is a good combination for the kichdi. Preparation is simple and it’s a good recipe to pack your kids lunch box with.
2 Cups Rice
¾ Cup Moong Dal/Pesarapappu
1 inch Ginger/Allam
¼ Cup Chopped Carrot
¼ Cup Green Peas/Pachi Battani
10 Pudina/Mint Leaves
Little Coriander Leaves/Kothimeera
Chopped Onions little (optional)
½ Cup Chopped Tomato
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- Mix rice and moong dal, clean it with water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add jeera and allow them to splutter. Now, add Pudina/Mint Leaves, coriander leaves and fry.
- Add onion, tomato, carrot, green peas, chopped ginger, turmeric powder to it and cook for some time.
- Now add 4 Cups of water to it and bring it to boil. When the water starts boiling, add rice and moong dal & cover with a lid.
- Cook till water is absorbed and rice is cooked. If using pressure cooker you can cook up to 2 whistles.
- Now your Veg Kichidi is ready to be served with curd raitha.