Peanut or Groundnut or Verusenagapappu/Palli Pacchadi/Chutney is the best combination for dosa, idly and some rice items. I prepare this chutney at least twice a week. My elder son insists on having peanut chutney for dosa and idly, though i prepare tomato or onion chutney. The ingredients and procedure is as noted below..
1 Cup Peanut/Palli/Verusenaga pappu
3 tsp Grated Coconut (fresh/dry)
5 Green Chillies
1 Chopped Onion
1 Big Tomato Chopped
A Handful of Coriander leaves
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal gram/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Urad dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Heat cooking pan, dry roast peanuts and transfer them into a bowl.
- In the same pan, add 2 tsp of oil add chopped onions and whole green chilies, cook till onions turn soft and brown.
- Shift them to peanuts bowl. Add tomatoes into the pan and cook till juices run out.
- Allow all of them to cool for some time. Now mix all the ingredients, add salt, coriander leaves, grated coconut and grind well.
- Now for seasoning, heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan. Add jeera, mustard, Bengal gram, urad dal, curry leaves & let them splutter.
- Transfer the seasoning into the chutney bowl, mix well and serve with Crispy Dosas or Hot Idlies..