Alasanda Vada is a good combination for non-veg curries. Try it and you will love it.
1 Cup split Alasandalu/Black eyed Peas
6-8 Green Chillies
1” Ginger chopped
1 Cup Onions (chopped)
Fistful of Curry Leaves/Karvepaku
Fistful of Pudina/Mint leaves
¼ Cup Coriander Leaves/Kothimera
- Firstly soak split black eyed peas in water for 4-5 hours.
- After 5 hours mash them with hand and remove the outer skin (its okay even if you don’t do it completely).
- Drain water, add green chillies, ginger and salt. Now grind it into a rough paste using a pestle or grinder.
- Do not add any water while grinding. Now that the batter is ready, add chopped onions, coriander leaves,curry leaves, mint leaves and mix well.
- Adjust salt and deep fry them in hot oil till golden colour.
- Serve hot with any masala curry or Chutney..