This is a very special dish that I learnt from one of our family friends who stay in Chennai. We liked it so much that the same day I learnt how to prepare it. The ingredients are very few, but cooking time is lengthy. But the wait is worth as the outcome is so tasty..
4-5 Medium sized Potatoes
1 ½ tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Coriander/Dhaniya powder
Little turmeric powder
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin
- Cook potatoes in water. Allow them to cool. Now peel the skin and mash them.
- Add salt, chilly powder, dhaniya powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Heat 6-8 tsp of oil in a non stick pan. Add jeera, allow it to splutter.
- Now add mashed potato mix. Cook well on low flame till the potatoes turn crispy and light brownish in color.
- Keep stirring in between to avoid burning for 15-20 mins.
- Serve spicy potato fry with rice & sambar. I’m sure you will love it.