This Tangy Tomato chutney is a good combination for dosa, idly, uttapam, pesarattu and so on.
3 Tomatoes medium size
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
5-6 Garlic slices
1 tsp Chilly Powder
½ tsp Dhaniya/Coriander powder
¼ tsp Jeera/Cumin Powder
½ tsp Sugar
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal gram/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Urad dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Peel tomato skin carefully using knife. Grind the tomatoes into fine paste without adding water.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add Jeera, mustard seeds, Bengal gram dal, urad dal and curry leaves.
- When they splutter add finely chopped garlic and onion to it. Cook till onions turn soft.
- Now add tomato paste and cook well. Continue to stir until the oil starts coming upwards.
- Add salt, sugar, chilly powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve with dosa, idly or pesarattu.