This is a most handy snack at home. Almost every child likes them, except for some like my elder son. This is quiet easy to prepare and can be stored for 2-3 weeks after preparation. Its good for munching during travel. You can have it along with tea as a snack or have it just like that..
2 Cups Besan/Bengal gram dal flour
1-2 tsp Chilly powder (adjust as per your requirement)
1 tsp Carrom seeds/Ajwain/Vamu
1 tbsp Rice flour/Vari pindi
- First mix Besan, chilly powder, ajwain, rice flour and salt in a bowl.
- To this add 2 tbsp of hot oil and mix well. Now add water and prepare dough with a consistency of chapathi dough.
- Now make equal sized partitions of the dough, while you heat oil for deep fry.
- When the oil turns hot, place the dough into chakali maker and press it carefully into hot oil.
- Cook them till golden brown and drop them on to the paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
- The khara sev is ready to be served. In case you are to store them, allow it to cool for some time and then store in an air tight container.
Note : In chakali maker select the one with big holes. Mostly the one with 3 holes on the plate.