Cabbage and Moong Dal is a feel good combination. The fry prepared is mild and tasty.. Just try out.
1 Cup finely chopped Cabbage
½ Cup Moong Dal/pesarapappu
¼ Cup Onions chopped
¾ tsp Chilly powder
¾ tsp Dhaniya/coriander powder
Little Turmeric powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal Gram Dal /Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Black Gram Dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Heat 4-5 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Add all the seasoning items one after the other and let them splutter.
- Now add onions and cook till they turn transparent. Add chopped Cabbage (it can be grated also, here I have used chopped cabbage).
- Mix well and add moong dal soaked in water for 1 hr (drain away water while adding).
- Add turmeric powder. Leave it on medium flame for about 10-12 mins, stirring occasionally. When the dal and cabbage turn soft, add salt, chilly powder, dhaniya powder and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook for another 3-4 mins and serve hot with rotis/chapathis/sidedish for rice combinations.