This recipe is a little variation of regular Lemon rice that we usually prepare. Just tried this and my people liked it. So thought of putting it on to you all. Good recipe to pack your kids and hubby’s lunch box with..
2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Cup Grated Carrot
4 tbsp Bengal Gram Dal
¼ Cup Onions (chopped)
4-6 Green Chillies (as per your taste)
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Fistful of Peanuts/Verusenagagullu
Little Turmeric Powder
Lemon Juice (taken from medium sized lemon)
For Seasoning :
½ tsp Avalu/Mustard
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin
1 tsp Minapappu/Urad dal
8-10 Curry Leaves
- Heat 6-8 tsp of oil in a cooking pan. Add seasoning items one after the other. Let them splutter.
- Now add peanuts and stir for some time. Add chopped green chillies and onions.
- Cook till onions turn transparent. Now add Bengal gram dal (soaked in water for 15 mins), grated carrot and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame till the carrot turns soft. Add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute or two.
- Add cooked rice, salt and lemon juice. You can add dry coconut powder also to get additional taste. Mix thoroughly. Serve with Coconut Chutney or Peanut Powder or Pickle of your choice.