Matar Paneer is a simple, tasty and healthy North Indian Dish. This curry is good to be consumed with roti, phulkas, kulcha, parata or any form of flat Indian Breads.. I tried this curry at home and now, its your turn..
1 Cup Diced Paneer
1 Cup Green Peas
1 Cup Tomato Puree
(Thick paste taken by grinding fresh tomatoes)
½ Cup Onions
¼ Cup Dry Coconut Powder
8-10 Cashew nuts/Kaju
1 ½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 tsp Red Chilly Powder(as per requirement)
1 tsp Dhaniya/Coriander Powder
½ tsp Jeera/Cumin Powder
½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
Little Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin
- First combine onions, coconut powder, cashew nuts, cloves, cinnamon, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, coriander powder and grind it into a fine thick paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 5-6 tsp of oil in cooking pan. Add cumin, chopped onions (optional) and cook for some time. Now add green peas, cover and cook for some time on medium flame.
- Now add tomato puree and cook till raw smell fades away. Add the masala paste prepared and cook for some time, stirring in between.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and little water and allow it to cook till the green peas are totally soft.
- Now add cumin powder and garam masala powder, mix well.
- Finally add paneer, mix well. Cover and cook for 8-10 mins.
- Serve with rotis/kulchas/chapathis, etc. topped with a tsp of lemon juice if required.