This is a traditional Andhra Recipe that is prepared for healthy breakfast in the morning. We know we have to “Eat Breakfast Like a King”.. So this recipe comes into that wholesome and healthy breakfast list. You too give a try. Mostly pesarattu is combined with upma and chutney. Here I am giving you the recipe of Pesarattu only.
1 Cup Green gram/Pesarlu
Fistful of Rice
6 Green chillies
1” Ginger chopped
1 Cup Chopped Onions
2 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds (optional)
1 Cup Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Soak green gram and rice in water overnight. Remove water from it and add chillies, ginger, salt and grind it into a paste. Add water while grinding to get the consistency of dosa batter.
- Now that batter is ready, heat tava for making dosa.
- Spread the batter evenly on the tava to form medium sized dosa.
- Add chopped onions, coriander leaves and jeera over it.
- Pour some oil/ghee over it. Gently pat with the ladle so that the toppings stay intact.
- Now turn it to the other side, cook well and serve with red chutney or any other chutney of your choice.