Here I am on Half Century!!! Yeah, this is my 50th post on this blog and I hope to continue this, crossing many more fifties. Today I am putting up a recipe of Sorakaya Halwa i.e Bottle gourd Halwa. The process is simple but takes some time for preparation. The ingredients and the method of preparation follows..
2 Cups Grated Sorakaya/Bottle Gourd
2 Cups Milk
1 ¾ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Dry Fruits (cashew, badam, raisins, etc)
¼ tsp Cardamom/Elachi Powder
½ Cup Ghee
- Peel bottle gourd and clean with water. Grate and keep aside. Boil milk and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat ghee. Add dry fruits of your choice to it and roast till they turn light brown. Remove them and keep aside.
- To the same pan add grated bottle gourd and cook till it turns soft.
- Cover with a lid and cook, stirring in between.
- When it is soft, add milk and cook for another 10 mins.
- Now add Elachi powder, sugar and allow it to dissolve. Cook till the halwa is slightly solid.
- Don’t forget to stir in between. Now add dry fruits roasted in ghee and keep for 3-4 mins.
- The delicious sorakaya halwa is ready to be served warm or chilled.