This is a snack cum breakfast recipe. Good to consume during hot summers. When taken as breakfast, it helps in keeping you cool through out the day. For kids, its a good recipe for evening snack.
1 Cup Semiya/Vermicelli
2 Cups Curd
¾ Cup Grated Cucumber
3 Green Chillies
2-3 black Pepper/Miriyalu
10 Cashew nuts/Kaju
½ Cup Pomegranate seeds/fresh seedless grapes
Little coriander leaves
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal gram/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Black gram dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Firstly cook vermicelli by adding 3 cups water, for 10-12 mins. Now drain away water from and run through cold water.
- Add grated cucumber, curd, salt and mix thoroughly.
- Now, heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan for seasoning. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Bengal gram dal, urad dal and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Now add chopped green chillies, pepper and cashew nuts. Cook for some time and now add this seasoning to the curd bath.
- Mix well and add Pomegranate/grapes and coriander leaves and serve.