Alu Mattar Curry is again a North Indian Dish. This is a kind of dish that goes well with almost all kinds of rotis, chapathis, pulav recipes and so on. I prepared it along with plain pulav and it was an excellent combination. It can be taken with poori also.
1 Cup Potato pieces
½ Cup Green Peas/Battani (fresh)
2 Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 ½ tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Dhaniya powder/Coriander Powder
½ tsp Garam masala
½ tsp Jeera Powder/Cumin powder
Turmeric powder little
2-3 Red chillies
2-3 tsp Coconut powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal gram dal/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Urad dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- Heat 4-5 tsp oil in a pan, add jeera, mustard, Bengal gram, Urad, curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Now add red chillies, onions and cook till onions turn light brown.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder and cook for some time. When juices start running out of tomatoes add potato and green peas. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Now add salt, chilly powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala, little water and cover with lid, cook till potatoes & green peas turn soft.
- Add jeera powder, coconut powder. Finally add coriander leaves and serve with roti/pulav/chapathi/poori.