1 Cup Diced Potatoes/Alu (Cut into 1’’ cubes)
1 Cup Chopped Brinjal/Vankayalu (Cut similar to potato size)
¼ Cup grated Coconut (fresh/dry)
1 Cup Tomato chopped
1 Cup Onions chopped
1” piece of Ginger chopped
8 Garlic cloves
½ Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves
1-2 Cinnamon stick/Dalchinni
Turmeric powder little
1 tsp Dhaniya powder/Coriander powder
1 tsp Chilly Powder (as per requirement)
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Bengal gram dal/Pachisenagapappu
1 tsp Urad dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- First, prepare masala : grind Coconut, Tomato, ¾ Cup Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Coriander leaves, Cloves, Cinnamon, Coriander powder and Chilly powder into a fine thick paste. Keep aside.
- Now heat 4-5 tsp of oil in a pan. Add seasoning items one after the other and let them splutter.
- Now add remaining onions and cook for 4-5 mins. When the onions turn transparent, add diced potatoes and brinjal.
- Mix well & add turmeric powder. Cover and cook for about 10-12 mins.
- Now add the masala prepared earlier, salt and mix.
- Add a cup of water, cover and cook till the vegetables turn soft.
- Add some coriander leaves, mix well and serve with rice or rotis..