This is a very tasty and special rice recipe that is cooked mostly on festive days. It’s a good choice for lunch box too. It takes lesser time compared to other rice recipes. Grated coconut and cooked rice has to be handy for preparing the Coconut Rice. While cooking rice for any rice recipes add a teaspoon of oil, so that the rice doesn’t stick to each other after it’s been cooked.
2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Cup Fresh Grated Coconut/Pacchi Kobbari
4 tbsp Bengal Gram Dal
¼ Cup Onions (chopped)
4-6 Green Chillies (as per your taste)
8-10 Black Pepper/Miriyalu
1 tsp grated Ginger
Fistful of Coriander Leaves/Kothimera
For Seasoning :
½ tsp Avalu/Mustard
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin
1 tsp Minapappu/Urad dal
8-10 Curry Leaves
- Heat 4-5 tsp of oil or ghee in a cooking pan. Add seasoning items and allow them to splutter.
- Now add Bengal gram dal (soaked in water for mins) and pepper. Stir for a while.
- Add ginger, chopped green chillies and onions. Cook till the onions turn light brown in color.
- Now add grated coconut and cook till raw smell of coconut vanishes.
- Before the coconut turns brown, add cooked rice, salt and coriander. Mix well.
- Keep it on flame for 2-3 mins and serve with vegetable kurma or curry.