This is a simple and healthy recipe for breakfast. I just opt for this when I haven’t planned much for the morning breakfast. There are both hot and sweet versions of the dosa prepared using wheat flour. My kids love the sweet dosa for breakfast.
2Cups Goduma Pindi/Wheat Flour
½ Cup Chopped Onions
1 tsp finely chopped Green Chillies
½ Cup Grated Carrot
1tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add finely chopped onions, chillies, carrot, jeera, salt and enough water to form a dosa mix.
- Heat dosa pan/skillet & grease it with oil or ghee.
- Pour the batter from a distance to form a dosa.
- Cover it with a lid, cook and turn it to other side.
- Cook similarly on the second side and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with tomato pickle or tomato sauce.
Note : We can also prepare sweet wheat dosa. For this, mix 2 Cups of wheat flour with 1 ½ Cups of jaggery (bellam) or sugar, ¼ Cup grated fresh coconut, 2-3 pinches of elachi powder with water for the batter. Prepare dosa with ghee and serve hot.