Grated Carrot Fry is simple and tasty. This goes well with a combination of mudda pappu or sambar. Some of them don’t like carrot in fries, due to its sweetness. But this method of preparation gives you a different taste and the sweetness is reduced to almost zero.. Just try it..
1 Cup Grated Carrot
½ Cup Chopped Onions
¼ Cup Bengal Gram Dal/Pachisenagapappu
5-6 Green Chillies (chopped)
2 tsp Lemon Juice
Little Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Urad dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- First, soak Bengal gram dal in water for about 20-25 mins. Drain water and keep aside.
- Now heat 5-6 tsp of oil in a pan and add seasoning items one after the other. Let them splutter. Add soaked Bengal gram dal and chopped green chillies. Keep for a while.
- Add onions, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and cook till the onions turn transparent.
- Now add grated carrot. Mix well and cook till they turn soft. Keep stirring in between.
- When the carrots are cooked, add salt and mix well. Put off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve as side dish for rice with sambar/pappu/rasam etc.