Pesarapappu Vada is a healthy and tasty snack for kids. The spice can be adjusted as per individual requirement. If required, carrot can be added to this. I have prepared it the following method, you can make adjustment or addition as per your taste and enjoy these snacks during tea time.. Just try it out..
1 Cup Green gram dal/Pesarapappu/Moong Dal
6 Green chillies
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
Ginger 1’’ (cut into pieces)
1 Cup onions
10-12 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
Fistful of Coriander leaves
- Soak green gram dal in water for 2 hours. Drain water from it. Keep aside 2-3 tsp of dal.
- Grind the remaining dal into a paste and keep aside.
- Grind ginger, jeera & green chillies together and add it to the dal paste.
- Now add chopped onions, slit curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, for deep frying vadas.
- Make vadas of the desired size and fry them in oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.