This is one of the best recipes I learnt from my close relative.. It’s simple, tasty and one among my favorite rice recipes. Remember, while preparing any of the rice recipes using cooked rice, add a spoonful of oil while cooking rice, so that it is non-sticky. It’s an awesome lunch box recipe.. Easy to prepare and good to eat..
2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Cup Coriander leaves
5-6 Green chillies
1 medium sized Lemon
½ Cup Onions
¼ Cup Peanuts/verusenaga gullu
1 tbsp Bengal gram dal/Pachisenagapappu
3-4 Garlic cloves (optional)
Little turmeric powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds/Avalu
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Urad dal/Minapappu
8-10 Curry leaves/Karvepaku
- First, grind coriander leaves, 4 green chillies, chopped ginger and garlic cloves together into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Soak Bengal gram dal in water for 20 mins.
- Heat 5-6 tsp oil in a pan. Add all the seasoning items one by one and allow them to splutter.
- Now add Bengal gram dal and peanuts and cook on low flame for a while.
- Add chopped onions and remaining green chillies to it. Cook till onions turn transparent.
- Now add turmeric powder and coriander paste, mix well. Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Now add cooked rice, salt and pour lemon juice (taken from one lemon) over it and mix well.
- Serve with any chutney or peanut powder.