Paneer is my favorite in any form.. be it curry, snack or sweet. On a cool evening, spicy paneer with a cup of coffee or tea will refresh our mood and help us to go on. My children like this paneer bajji kind of a snack with tomato ketch up.
1 Cup Paneer
½ Cup Maida
½ Cup Besan/Gram Flour/Senagapindi
1 ½ tsp Jeera/Cumin Powder
1 tsp Dhaniya/Coriander Powder
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
½ tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Cut Paneer into Square or Rectangle shaped pieces. Make sure it is not too thin.
- Mix all ingredients other than paneer and cooking oil in a bowl with sufficient water.
- The batter should be like the one used for preparing dosa or little thicker than that.
- Drop all the paneer pieces into the batter. Mix thoroughly using hand and keep aside for half an hour.
- Now take a shallow cooking pan. Pour 5-6 tsp of oil and let it heat.
- Now place 6-8 marinated paneer in the pan and cook on both sides on low flame.
- When the paneer turns crispy, remove from flame and serve with tomato sauce/ketchup.