I was just bored of biscuits, toast and sweet corn for snacks. Wanted to try something new for kids. Tried preparing rolls with maida and very little ingredients. This is good snack to munch on while travelling. Kids can eat these easily while playing too.
1 Cup Maida
5-6 Red Chillies
4-5 tsp Jeera
¼ Cup Peanut Powder/Verusenaga Podi
(dry roast peanuts and grind it into powder)
- First, sieve maida. Add jeera, crushed red chillies (pulse red chillies in a mixer), salt and peanut powder. Mix well and make dough by mixing it with sufficient amount of water.
- The dough should be like your chapathi dough. Now keep aside for 15-20mins.
- Pinch a lemon sized ball from the dough, press it as you do for chapathi.
- Now cut it into vertical stripes using a knife. Take one vertical strip at a time and roll it using hands.
- When you reach the end of the roll just stick the roll firmly using a drop of water.
- Prepare all the rolls similarly. Heat oil for deep frying the rolls.
- When the oil is hot, drop these rolls carefully and cook till golden brown.
- Serve as an evening snack for kids. This can be stored for about a week.