This is a typical recipe.. Best combination for this is Rice-Rasam, Rice-Sambar or can be consumed just as a snack.. My kids like to eat it just like that..
The dish can be prepared with just basic ingredients, but little time consuming than the usual fries..
Yam – 1/2 kg
(peel the skin and chop them into thin desired shape and size)
Chilly Powder – 1tsp (as per requirement)
Dhaniya/Coriander Powder – 1tsp
Jeera/Cumin Powder – 1/2tsp
Aam Chur/Dry Mango Powder – 1/2tsp
- Clean Yam pieces with water and Cook them for 10-12 mins. Don’t over cook.
- Strain away water and leave them for 10 mins, so that there’s no moisture left.
- Heat 1/4 Cup oil in a wide frying pan. Place sufficient quantity of yam in the pan.
- Cook till golden crisp on both sides. Cook all the pieces similarly.
- Now in another pan add a tsp of oil and heat it.
- Add the fried yam to it. Mix well.
- Now add salt, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder and stir well.
- Keep for 2 mins, stirring in between. Serve with rice-rasam or rice-sambar.
- Hmm.. I’m sure you will love it..