This is a traditional snack, which can be prepared and stored for a fortnight. This gives instant energy when consumed. Its a nutritious & delicious snack. Palli-Bellam Undalu or Peanut Jaggery Balls.
1 Cup Groundnuts/Peanuts
1/4 Cup Roasted Bengal Gram Dal/Putna Dal
1 Cup Jaggery
- Dry roast peanuts in a pan on medium flame till they turn brownish in color.
- Mash and remove outer skin of the peanuts after they have cooled down.
- If required, you can mash the peanuts slightly with a pestle.
- Grate jaggery and drop it in to a cooking pan. Add little water [1/4 cup]
- Keep on medium flame and keep stirring till it turns liquid.
- Now lower the flame, keep stirring for another 10-12 mins.
- Add peanuts and roasted bengal gram and mix well. Put off the flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool for some time. When its warm, make lemon sized balls.
- Alternate to balls is cut them into chikkis.
- For this, you have to apply oil/ghee to a plate and spread the above mixture equally over the plate.
- Allow it to cool for some time. Now cut them into desired shapes and serve.