Sev Puri is one of my favorite chat. Of course, I love the entire chats section. Its good to prepare by our self and enjoy the taste. This way we can consume more Puris than the plate given by local chat vendor 😉
Lets see how to prepare sev puri..
1 Cup Bombay Rava
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
1 Big Potato (cooked & mashed)
1 Cup Chopped Onions
1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
2 Green chillies
½ Cup Coriander Leaves
½ Cup thick Tamarind juice
¼ tsp Chilly powder
4 tsp grated Jaggery/Bellam
Sev mixture (small mixture)
- Mix Bombay rava, jeera, salt and 3 tsp oil with water and keep aside for one hour.. Meanwhile, prepare Green chutney and sweet chutney.
- For green chutney, grind coriander, green chillies adding salt into a fine paste.. Keep aside.. Now to the tamarind juice, add salt, chilly powder, jaggery and cook till it becomes little thick. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying puris.
- Press Bombay rava atta, press with rolling pin as you do for poori.
- Make small circles on the poori with the help of bottle cap or small container’s lid. [ref pic]
- With a spoon or knife just make 1 or 2 cuts on the small pooris and deep fry them till golden brown.
- Arrange the pooris in a plate. Place a small amount of mashed potato on all the pooris, sprinkle little salt over it.
- Now add chopped onions, tomatoes, green chutney and sweet chutney one by one over it. Add little curd if desired.
- Finally garnish with some more coriander leaves and sev mixture and serve immediately. A Cup of coffee accompanied with this is very refreshing.